Parquet (from French “small compartment”) is a geometric mosaic of wood pieces used for decorative effects on the floor. Parquet patterns are often entirely geometric and angular – squares, triangles, lozenges – but may contain curves. The most popular parquet floor pattern is herringbone.
Types of Parquet Flooring
There are 2 types of installations on parquet floors on flooring, including glue down and plywood (nail down).
- Glue down
The pillow is given a primary liquid. The primary liquid is for moisture-retaining, if the surface is wet, the glue will not be maximal and the thickness will enter the floor. After that, put sikabond glue to attach wood parquet to the acian pillow.
- Plywood (nail down)
Wood parquet is directly installed on top of plywood by using firing nails. The significant difference between this type of installation and the glue down method is that no primary liquid is added
How to Care for Wood Floors and Parquet Floors?
The treatment method is fairly easy because there are many preventive methods so that wood floors and parquet floors can last a long time, including:
- Keep the floor moist, if exposed to water, immediately dry it. Water absorbed into wooden or parquet floors makes the floor swell and damage.
- Using environmentally friendly mop drugs because excess chemicals will damage the coating.
- There must be protection on furniture that attaches directly to the floor such as tables, chairs, or cabinets.
- Move the furniture that attaches directly to the floor by lifting it instead of dragging it,
- For treatment after being applied for years, you can use a rubber generator. How this machine works will spray liquid and there are soft brushes that directly clean the surface of the wood floor or parquet floor.
- If the coating has faded or the owner wants to change color, the outer layer of the floor can be skinned and replaced with a new coating. The workings of the machine function to remove the outer layer of the floor, then put new coating according to taste. This can be a solution for those of you who want to get a new atmosphere or just replace the interior concept at home.